Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Revenge!


St. Croix, USVI -- I evened the score in the Caribbean by finishing the St. Croix 70.3 Triathlon in 7 hours, 52 minutes with a big, big smile on my face too. How sweet it feels to beat down a demon.

(For the benefit of the new reader: last year at this race I became sick on the bike, couldn't get into my two easiest gears, my kidneys shut down, black and white spots flashed before my eyes, was treated for heat exhaustion, and still finished the race in over nine hours.)

Thank you to all of my sponsors and well wishers.

This one was for you, Uncle Bob. I love you.

My time has expired on the public computer in the hotel's lobby. I'll post a full race report with photos in the next day or so.

Today is travel day back to Dallas.

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

:) said...

Woohoo...congratulations! Can't wait to hear all about it...

greyhound said...

Vitual high five. I really look forward to the race report because I'm going 70.3 for my first time this year. Even though I can exceed the required distance in each of the three disciplines, I still get a little queezy if I think on it too much.

Born To Endure said...

Congrats!!! You look great in your photo! Can't wait to hear all about the race.